2023 Maroon & Gray Society Celebration
This year’s Maroon & Gray Society was made possible in part by a generous sponsorship from Mount Nittany Health and other local businesses. Honorees spanned six decades, helping to draw old friends and colleagues, parents and families, and long-time supporters of the district for an evening of food, fun and friendship. Rain in the early part of the evening let up in time for guests to enjoy the beautiful view from Centre Hills Country Club following a video presentation and induction of the 2023 class of the Maroon & Gray Society.
Also in attendance this year was the family of the late Richard M. Bunnell ’49, on hand to acknowledge contributions to the fund they launched in his memory to support extracurricular opportunities for students. All proceeds from the event have been designated to this important fund. If you missed the event, you can still give to the fund online at scasdfoundation.org.
Thank you to all who attended and helped to make this event so special. See you next year!
Click the links below for full profiles for the members of the 2023 Class of the Maroon & Gray Society, which were inducted at this year’s celebration on May 20.
- “The Three Captains”
- John Schempf ’58, Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
- Paula (Schempf) Carroll ’62, Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
- Peter Schempf ’66, Captain, U.S. Navy
- Gerard (Gerry) Mansell ’72, Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army
- 1973 State Champion Little Lions Football Team
- John Casey, Retired Principal Mount Nittany Middle School
- Marisa Vicere ’01, President & Founder, Jana Marie Foundation
- Whitney Stringer ’02, Principal, Whitney Stringer PR & Events